Friday, April 01, 2011

Jason Bush’s brother suggests there is more to be learned


Don N. Bush
(Facebook)

The defense in the Pima County Superior Court trial for convicted double-murderer Jason Eugene Bush had anticipated testimiony next Tuesday from the defendant’s father Don Bush.

Based upon comments at the end of testimony on Friday morning it appears the only testimony anticipated next Tuesday will come from Dr. Marc Walter, a neuropsychologist from Phoenix, who is expected to testify that the defendant meets the criteria for paranoid schizophrenia.

On March 25, the jury returned guilty verdicts against Bush, 36, on two counts of first-degree murder in the May 30, 2009 deaths of Raul “Junior” Flores and his daughter, Brisenia, 9, at their home in Arivaca. The jury further found that the murders were premeditated and were also committed while Bush was engaged in other felony activities, including the attempted first-degree murder of Gina Marie Gonzalez; one count of burglary in the first-degree; one count of aggravated assault, serious physical injury; one count of aggravated assault, deadly weapon/dangerous instrument; one count of armed robbery; and one count of aggravated armed robbery.

Following that the jury confirmed that aggravating factors existed which make Bush eligible for the death penalty in this case.

While I may not be able to write about Don Bush Sr. testifying next week I am able to write about Don Bush Jr. courtessy of an email that showed up in my inbox.

“My name is Don Bush, and I am Jason’s older brother,” the email started. “I have been following your blog coverage of the Forde trial, as well as Jason’s, and I have found your’s to have so far been the copy not obviously siphoned from the same pool. And, as such is my reason for having your blog on as home page for both PC and BlackBerry, I have a growing number of irritatingly unanswered questions.”

Bush’s email attempted to pay me a compliment before getting to the point. “As a regular at the courthouse, I’m sure you must be either in the ‘know,’ or simply have a sense of pride and truly enjoy what you do, which is what made your angle stand out,” the email continued. “I would like to talk with you at your earliest convenience, and hear what, if any sort of sense can be made of the jabbing sense of there is a lot more than what has come out, and I don’t follow broadcast media, and am for the most part a hermit, with a once a week journey, to town for groceries and cigarettes, and bare minimum of 50 miles round trip.”

It appears that Bush discovered my Facebook profile which includes a comment about an ongoing job search. “Having also read on your profile that you are ‘open to opportunities,’ and as much as I am as well, I would be interested in the ability to offer to you, any sort of assistance that would afford both of us the most potential for ‘providing the harbor for our ships to come in,’” the email said. “And, if there were to be a dollar finding its way to my wallett, I would want that dollar to be shared with Gina Gonzalez, as I don't know what else I can do to help undo what Jason has ripped away from her.”

Bush did suggest in writing that his brother deserves whatever penalty he receives. “I am in no way trying to soften anything that he has coming to him,” he wrote. “I am just sickened that someone who is born of the same blood, and has just 21months separating him from being a growth on my ass, can do the shit he has done.”

Bush pointed out that the state of Washington may want to try his brother in at least one unsolved murder. “You aint even heard it all yet. Washington state is up to bat next,” he wrote. “You might think about how to be ‘open to the opportunities’ that might be found by a respected, impartial media relations rep from the county where Jason was finally stopped.”

Bush appeared to propose a collaborative arrangement on a book about his younger brother. “We both know I could guide and help locate the persons that would be obscure or seem insignificant enough to not be of real value in a courtroom, but for instance-(little teaser) have you heard of the ‘Aryan Attorney,’ Edgar Steele; who is just heading to trial, for allegedly hiring a ‘hit-man,’ Larry Fairfax, to kill his wife and mother-in-law, and a pipe bomb with no detonater was found under her SUV, at a quickee lube?” the email said. “Now guess who lived on the same private road/driveway as mom, Jason and I? And it was Larry’s house Jason robbed,and stole guns from.”

Bush left thing at that point. “Anyway, I will get off your leg and back to what you were doing. Feel free to contact me any time,” the email said. “I haven’t been sleeping well the most of the last year, so late hours aren’t gonna bother me.”